Monday, July 13, 2009

Adding cluster disk to sql

went through the practice again and realized that I actually forgot something I did before :-)

Also one mistake is, the LUN was presented to me already partitioned and thus when I tried to do the SAN disk alignment it gave me error message which I happened to find one technet article taking about different issue with same symptom and led to a waste of time.(error msg: DiskPart was unable to create the specified partition)

Anway, I finally figured this out and delete the old partition and then things went smoothly.

Finally, the performance project is finally nearlly there, the newly purchased test server is put online and a significant performance increase was observed. (previoulsy revenue recognition process took 50+ minutes now only 1+ minutes!).

No comments: