HOWTO: Migrating Quorum and DTC drive to different LUNs for SQL Cluster
1. Create two new LUNs for Quorum and DTC drives and present them to ESX Host;
2. Adding the new LUNs as raw disk mapping to cluster nodes using the same SCSI ID on all nodes;
3. Go to computer management and initialize the disks, create new partition and format them;
4. Move Quorum Drive to DTC temporally via cluster administration:
5. Go to disk management and remove the drive letter ‘Q:’, assign drive letter ‘Q:’ to the new disk that mapped to the new LUN, do this on all nodes;
6. Go back to cluster administration, add the new disk into ‘Cluster Group’ then assign the new drive as Quorum Resource;
7. The old quorum disk is now ready to be removed;
8. To move DTC storage, remove the DTC resource first, then delete the old DTC drive from DTC Group;
9. Remove the drive letter from old DTC Drive and assign it to the new DTC Drive;
10. Add the new DTC drive to DTC group;
11. Create DTC Resource and bind it to the new drive;
12. The old DTC Drive is now ready to be removed.
Notes: this is the actual steps I took to move quorum/DTC drive inside our environment, please be reminded that quorum and DTC sit on different drives here.